THE MYSTERY OF THANKSGIVING 

PART 3

1THESSALONIANS 5:18

Often times we ask God to bless us, but do you know we can also bless God, Psalm 103:1? When we praise God and worship Him, it blesses God. 


Thanksgiving ministers to God. How do you feel when your son or your daughter turns to you and say, "Thank you for taking good care of me, you are a good mum or dad?" 


The same thing that statement does to you is what it does to God when you thank Him. 


But imagine a child that always complain about you not doing enough no matter what you do. You are not too enthusiastic about doing much for that child, you only do things for him out of obligation. 


Many of us are used to complaining when things are not enough or not available or rough. When we complain or grumble what you are doing is praising the devil. 


Complaining only makes things worse not  better. Things don't improve because you complain or grumble about them, rather it gets worse, Numbers 21:4-6. 


Because when you complain and grumble you have just given a place to do the devil to minister discouragement, fear, anxiety and worry to you and if you don't come out of it quickly it leads to depression, stress and sickness. 


Giving thanks when things are not going well looks foolish to the flesh but it is how solution comes. It is how what is not enough is multiplied, Psalm 149:5-9, Isaiah 30:32. 


When Jesus wanted to feed 5000 men, He gave thanks and bless the two fishes and five loaves, Matthew 15:36, 14:19. 


Thanksgiving is a mystery! Many of us curse what we have because it is too little. We just say this is nothing, it is never going to be enough. 


What we have just done by that statement is curse what we have. Rather we ought to give thanks and ask God to show us what to do with. 


The widow of one of the sons of prophets told Elisha, I had nothing in the house. The prophet insisted she had something in her house that can get her out of debt and make her rich but she had cursed that thing many times by writing it off, saying it is too little or this is nothing, 2Kings 4:2. 


Multiplication only takes place when you begin to pour out what you have, 2Kings 4:3-7. 


As the disciples began to share the loaves, it multiplied in their hand. They are part of the miracle, Matthew 14:19, 15:36. The same way you are part of your miracle. 


Until you begin to give it out and share, you will never know that thing you have written off and call little or nothing can multiply and feed nations. 


Everybody has something that can take care of his needs and that of others, it is just that you are calling it nothing and not pouring it out(share, sell, give). 


Many of us have been asking God  to give us more and that prayer has not been answered because God is saying what I have already given you is more than enough to give you all you will ever need or want in this life. 


In that one little thing are the connection and influence you have been crying for. In it lies great life relationships and networks, even your life partner and children is in it. 


Each time you pray, God directs your attention to that one little thing but you keep writing it off and you conclude that prayer doesn't work.


Stop complaining about what is not enough, the more you do the more your eyes will be blinded to see what you have that can bail you out of that situation. 


However when you give thanks, God is blessed and He opens your eyes to see what He has given you and give you ideas on how to multiply it. 


Whatever you give thanks for, multiplies. It is a principle that Jesus demonstrated many times and that tells me something. 


It doesn't have to be enough to go round, you only need to ask God to open your eyes to see what you should do with that little thing you have. 


Wisdom is far better than riches, Proverbs 8:11. We can have five loaves and still be hungry and we can have only one loaf and feed an entire nation with it, Ecclesiastes 10:7&15. 


It all depends on what you do with what you have. Give thanks and bless what you have or complain and curse what you have. 


Thanksgiving opens the eyes of the giver to see how what He has can be multiplied while complaining and grumbling shut the eyes of the giver to see what he already has.


I pray for you this morning that God will give you the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness and the oil of gladness for your mourning in Jesus name. 


Take time out to really praise God and bless Him today, not for what He can do for you but because of who He is. Forget about yourself and your needs and just praise Him and give Him thanks for who He is. As you do so your eyes will open to see solutions, ideas, and way out of your every need and predicament in Jesus name. I await your testimonies.


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE



SALVATION PRAYER

Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:

 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 

Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!

PEACE



CONTACT US:

yinkaotegbade@gmail.com 

+2347033299066



OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

folwams@gmail.com

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com



QUOTE OF THE DAY:




FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH, 

READ ALSO:




ARE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW





Comments

Popular posts from this blog