DIVERSE WAYS BY WHICH GOD SPEAKS 

(PART 4)

Hebrews 1:1-2


A picture is worth a thousand words. 


Pictures create memories much more than words do, even though you also create pictures with words using your imagination. 


You are more likely to remember a scenario that took place than you will remember words that were exchanged. 


Visions, dreams encounters solidify convinctions and God gives these things as they enhance memory more than words. 


A three second vision can tell a story of ten years in pictures. Pictures sticks to our memory much more than words do. 


Another reason God gives these things is because of:


3). THE DEGREE OF OPPOSITION  that we are likely to encounter in what He has called us to do. 


One thing that stuck with Joseph all through the time he was in Egypt was the picture he saw in his dreams back at home. Nobody could take those dreams away from him. 


He knew what he saw and it stick with him and kept him through those harrowing years in Egypt. 


Sometimes to survive some degree of opposition you need to be able to say I know what I saw. 


Gideon had an encounter that was greater than the opposition he faced. It was that encounter that kept  him going.


 Mary's encounter with angel Gabriel was way greater than the ridicule she faced from carrying a pregnancy outside wedlock. That encounter helped her survive that ridicule. 


The same thing with Apostle Paul, whenever he was called upon to defend himself, he always refer to his encounter with the Lord on his way to Damascus, Acts 22. 


That encounter was stronger than all the sufferings and hardship he faced  in the ministry, 2Corinthians 11:16-33. It was more real than the opposition. 


However I will want us to note that God builds on encounters. Christians serve a living God and because of this God doesn't give you one encounter or one vision or one dream one time and leave you to figure it out the rest of your life, Isaiah 47:17, 30:21, Jeremiah 10:23, John 14:26. 


God always come to us. God came to Abraham again and again during His 25 years of waiting and after. 


God visited Joseph to tell him how to keep baby Jesus from being killed, Matthew 2:13&14. He came again through a dream to tell Joseph it was safe to return with the baby, Matthew 2:19&21. 


After the main encounter on the way to Damascus, God came to Apostle Paul again and again in visions, prophecy and dreams, Acts 23:11, Acts 18:9&10, Acts 21:10&11, Acts 13:1. 


God never left him alone to figure out the journey from the place of first encounter to the fulfilment of his assignment. That made the whole thing so real to him.


Gideon did not just have an encounter, he knew the God of his fathers from the book of the law that was why he could ask the angel where was the God that brought his fathers out of Egypt, Judges 6:13. 


Mary knew the prophecy as written by Prophet Isaiah that a virgin was going to conceive, so she was not having encounter without having  knowledge of what prophecy says, Luke 1:38. 


Apostle Paul knew the Torah and the Prophets plus the Psalms and Proverbs back to back. He always made reference to them in his Epistles. 


This is to show us that these people were not just having encounters without having knowledge of what God's Word says. 


May be you have been having dreams, visions and encounters, how consistent are they with the Word of God? 


Has the Holy Spirit been building on it with the Word of God? Do they take you back to the Word of God? 


If it is not consistent with the nature of God as revealed from the scriptures don't give it attention. 


This is why it is safer to know the Word of God first before you begin to walk in these things. The Word of God is the discerner, Hebrews 4:12. 


Papa Kenneth Hagin of blessed memory never accept a vision or encounter from the Lord without asking God to confirm with scriptures. 


Where do your visions, dreams and encounters lead you? To the Word of God or farther away from it? 


There are instructions, directions and leading that people receive from all these things that are not just consistent with the nature and the Word of God. 


My advise to us this morning is that we should seek to know God by His Word first before we begin to desire these things. It is safer that way.


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com


QUOTE OF THE WEEK:



FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL 
GROWTH, READ ALSO:





ARE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW











Comments

Popular posts from this blog