DIVERSE WAYS BY WHICH GOD SPEAKS

(PART 3)

Hebrews 1:1-2

Today, I will be sharing with us one of the remaining two points on why God gives visions, dreams, encounters, prophecy e.t.c. 


I have already shared with us the first point where I said because of what God wants to do(refer to my last two posts for this). 


The Holy Spirit gave me a fourth point which is, For the work of ministry. Now to the second point:


2) THE LEVEL OF UNBELIEF IN AN INDIVIDUAL. 


I remember reading in one of John G Lake's book how he was driving and the Holy Spirit spoke to his heart to just park on the other side of the road which was not his lane and he instantly obeyed. 


Few seconds after he obeyed, a truck that had lost control rounded the corner and would have rammed straight to his car if he had not stopped or packed on that other side of the lane. That was how he narrowly missed death. 


Another man of God made reference to that story saying that if it were him, that still small voice would not have been enough and he would have required like three visions and one prophecy before he would obey and that would have been too late! 


God loves us so much and He cares about us much more than we care about ourselves or we will ever know, Jeremiah 31:3, Ephesians 3:19.


His best way of speaking to us is through the still small voice. He wants to be able to tell you something and you believe it. 


Jesus said my sheep knows my voice and the voice of a stranger they will not obey, John 10:5&27. 


There are so many kind of voices in the world and none of them is without signification, 1Corinthians 14:10 . 


There are many voices that speaks to us and they all do so through our mind for us to be able to receive them. 


All those voices pass through our mind in order to receive them. Our bodies speak to us, sometimes it asks for rest, sex, sleep,  food, water e.t.c. 


Situations and circumstances speak to us like our bank accounts, economic situation, job condition, upbringing, limitations, car, dress, shoe, houses e.t.c Our fellow human beings and other creatures speak to us as well by their words, action and reaction and responses.


The devil too speaks to us either directly into our mind or through other means. God our Father too speak too us. 


One of the major challenges of many believers is how to differentiate between these voices, particularlly the voice of satan and God. Although this is not what I am dealing with, let me digress a little. 


One way to know who is talking to you per time whether God or devil is by the fruits that those words produce in you. 


Does it bring fear, doubt, discouragement, bitterness, unforgiveness and anger. If it brings anger against your fellow human being and not the devil it is not of God because the wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God, James 1:20. 


If it brings strife and contention it is not of God because Proverbs 13:10 says only by pride cometh contention.


You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns or figs of thistles?Matthew 7:16. It is by the fruits that you know whether a tree is good or bad. 


You may not be able to discern whether what someone is telling you is good or bad by what they say literally but watch out for the fruits their action or words have on your emotions. 


Does it make you want to turn your back against God and His things? Does it want to make you to move farther away from God and His will for your life? 


Does it exalt other things above God or equate things with God? Does it make you angry, fearful, discouraged, bitter or sad? 


Galatians 5:19-23, talks about the fruits of the spirit and the works of the flesh. Those thoughts do they birth the fruits of the Spirit in you? 


What emotions did they bring? Anger against the works of the devil or anger against God  and His people or things. Love,joy peace, kindness, long suffering, perseverance, gentleness. 


Back to what I was saying before. God loves us so much and He uses every means to try to reach us and communicate His will to us. 


It takes time  and excercise to really know the voice of the Holy Spirit very well, Hebrews 5:14. 


Even though this is God's best way of communicating with us through His word and by the still small voice. 


Sometimes we are not sure and we are full of unbelief and fear, then He switches to other means like dreams, visions, encounters and prophecy just to help us to be sure that He is the one speaking.


All though these things are not 100% correct because they can be mimicked by the devil, God uses them, many times as confirmation for what He has already spoken to your heart before but you are doubting. 


God gave instructions to Joseph about baby Jesus through dreams. He could not have spoken to His heart because the Holy Spirit is not yet poured out that time. 


But after the Holy Spirit had been poured out, the Holy Spirit can speak to our heart and give confirmation to us through other means like visions, dreams e.t.c. 


We are not to seek these things. God gives them as He wills. Even though we like them and many think it makes us spiritual it is not true. 


Sometimes God gives me six visions just to confirm something to me but that doesn't mean I am more spiritual because I can see visions. 


It is because I am finding it difficult to believe what He has said to me before either directly to my heart or through His Word. 


Many of us seek these things which is good if only we desire them but if we make it the goal of our seeking God, another spirit which is not of God will entertain us. 


So, desire them but don't seek them, 1Corinthians 14:1. If God gives them fine and if He doesn't,  just enjoy fellowship with Him. 


Don't keep harassing Him to give you one. If He wants He will. It is not a proof of how spiritual or mature you are. 


Infact the matured ones know and relate with God though His Word and the still more voice not through visions and dreams. They discern good and evil by the Word of God and the still small voice not through dreams and visions.


I walk in these things, it is not because I don't walk in them that I am saying this. But they are not a proof of my spiritual maturity. 


God sometimes uses them to communicate with us until we are matured enough to recognize His voice very well and are able to trust His Word and His still small voice.

(To be continued)


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


SALVATION PRAYER

Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:

 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 

Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!

PEACE



CONTACT US:

yinkaotegbade@gmail.com 

+2347033299066



OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

folwams@gmail.com

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com



QUOTE OF THE DAY:





FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH, 

READ ALSO:


VIDEO OF THE WEEK






AUDIO OF THE WEEK







ARE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW








Comments

Popular posts from this blog