DESTINY SERIES

DESTINY MATTERS 106

THE GEOGRAPHY OF YOUR CALLING

GENESIS 12:1

Another important thing to know is the geography of your calling. You won't succeed outside the geography of your calling. 


Where is God sending you to? Which territory? 


Some are sent online, others onground. Some are sent abroad, some to cities and villages. 


Some are to start in their village but will end up in the ends of the earth, Acts 1:8. You must get all these right in order to fulfil your destiny. 


WHO ARE YOU SENT TO?


Every calling has a destination and a people. Apostle Paul was sent to the Gentiles while Apostle Peter was sent to the Jews.


Who are your people, who are you sent to? Some are sent to stark unbelievers. Some are sent to believers to build them. 


Some are sent to raise homes and marriages. Some are sent to prisons, teenage girls. Some to teenage boys, some to youths, some to garage tauts; school drop-outs and prostitutes.


Some to single parents, divorcee and widows, others to children, old widows, young widows, the barren, the sick and the oppressed. 


You must know those that God has sent you to, not to everybody. Only you cannot win the whole world. 


So this too must be sorted out from the beginning so you don't waste your time and energy in an uncoordinated labour. 


Some of these you will get to know by the kinds of dealings you undergo and the kinds of people that respond to your messages the most. 


So also, the kinds of problems that answer most to the anointing you carry are all indices to know those you are sent to.


Somewhere in your story are the kind of people you are sent to. Everything you need to fulfil that calling is within you. 


Don't look for your people in another man's story. The people you are sent to are in your story often times but not always. 


What did Jesus save you from? What did you go through growing up? These things, though not always, cam be pointers to the kind of people you are sent to.



So, your calling or destiny can look like this; "Sent abroad to turn the hearts of prostitutes back to God".


The reason why some of us don't know who we are sent to is because we are not eager to share the gospel with just anyone we see needs it.


We are waiting for God to show us through the spectacular (dreams, vision, prophetic) the people he is sending us to. 


It doesn't always work like that. 


Your desire to do the general commandment of "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature", Mark 16:15 is what will eventually lead to you finding your own place and people. 


As you are busy obeying Mark 16:15, you will see things narrow down bit by bit until you come to a place of recognition where you are able to say I always find myself doing better with these set of people or place.


Could it be that God is sending me here or ro these people......these particular place or people welcomes me and flow  easily and respond well to what I am saying than these other people. 


Then, it just dawns on you like you made a discovery. And truly you just made a discovery, because destiny is discovered.


Let me share my story with you. By nature of the work I do I am always around students. I will approach them and preach the gospel to some of them. Some will respond well some will not. 


At that point, it is not their response that God was watching out for but that heart that wants to do His bidding, I kept at it regardless of whether they responded well or not. 


The bible did not say preach the gospel when people respond well to it. Some of us stopped preaching the day the person we preached to abuse us or turn us down.


One day the Lord asked me if you go to a barbers shop to barb your son's hair, do you get the liberty of choosing the kind of songs the barber plays in his shop? I said no. 


He asked again, if you are walking on the street and someone is playing a wordly music so loud, do you get the liberty of telling the person to stop playing it? 


Again, I said no. He said, you will endure it till you get to your destination. 


Why do you seek peoples acceptance before you preach to them? You want them to like it or show signs of approval before you share the gospel with them.


This is where many of us are! 


Sometimes some of the things God ask us to do is not about the results first, but to help us get rid of our fears. To help us die to our flesh. 


As you keep on obeying the Lord, a point will come where it will no longer matter whether you have result or not. At that point it is not about results but obedience. 


All you are concerned about is obeying God. Ask Moses, not until the fourth miracle did the Egyptian magicians not able to reproduce the same miracles he was doing. 


How stupid he must have felt, how frustrating that could be! But God was training him in obedience, how to die to self. 


A point came, all he was concerned about was obeying God, not the results again. Until then the results did not start coming.


To be a partaker of His glory and to know the power of His resurrection, we must be willing to know the fellowship of His sufferings and be made comformable unto His death, Phillipians 3:10.


We will never die to our flesh if we don't confront our fears, Hebrews 2:14&15


I remember when the Lord asked us to start Hospital Evangelism, I almost fainted! But we started all the same, plus the fears and all we started. And gradually we overcame our fears.


Back to the story of my students, at some point a particular set came in and the Lord said I have done my part by bringing the people, now do your part by going to them.  


I thought of what to do to bring all of them together and share the gospel with them. 


My birthday was around the corner, so I organized a singles summit on my birthday for them. 


To cut the story short, they have since  graduated  but I ended up mentoring many of them in various matter of their destiny even till now. 


I could have missed them, yet God brought them but I was not sensitive enough to recognize them as my people.

 

I will continue from here in my next post by God's grace. 


PEACE 


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com



QUOTE OF THE WEEK:




OCTOBER PRAYER CHALLENGE:




FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH; READ ALSO:




VIDEO OF THE WEEK


AUDIO OF THE WEEK






WATCHWORD FOR THE MONTH




ARE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW






Comments

Popular posts from this blog