I WILL STAND UPON MY WATCH

Habakkuk 2:1

As the year is gradually rolling to an end, make the remaining days a time for personal retreat. 


It is important that we retreat back into the presence of the Lord for three things


1) Thanksgiving

2) Assessment of the year

3) Instructions for the coming year


THANKSGIVING: End of the year like this is a time of return. The Bible says in Isaiah 51:11 Therefore, the redeemed of the  Lord shall RETURN, and come with singing unto Zion and everlasting joy shall be upon their head, they shall obtain gladness and joy and sorrow and mourning shall flee away. 


2020 has been a challenging year but inspite of everything that has happened, don't focus on what went wrong. 


Focus on the goodness of the Lord, that you are alive and healthy is enough reason to be thankful. 


It matters to God how we return at the turn of the year. Return with praise, a grateful heart, thanksgiving offering and spoils of war. 


God doesn't work in the atmosphere of complaints and grumbling but in an atmosphere of praise and thanksgiving. 


When the atmosphere is right and the kind  He can work with He shows up to take of the remaining things that has not been done. 


Make a list of the things that God has done for you this year and wave it before Him. Count your blessings, name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done.


2) ASSESSMENT OF THE YEAR.


Bring out your instruction list for 2020 that you received at the end of 2019 and go through it with the Lord. Let the Lord assess you. 


This is not a period to speak in fiery tongues so much but a time to be quiet before the Lord and engage in intimate heart to heart communication with Him. 


Ask Him if your walk with Him has been pleasing to Him this year. Did you obey all the instructions He gave you?  


Your experience in the year did it match what the Lord called the year? If He called it your year of Rest, was that your reality? If He called it your year of Total obedience, did you obey Him in all things?


Ask the Holy Spirit to tell you how you faired in your instructions for this year. Let Him show you where you went wrong or did well or veered off completely.


What are the things you needed to do more, adjust, correct, strengthen or get rid off? 


Spend more time communicating with the Lord in understanding (not tongues) and watch out for what He will say to you. 


Be quiet before the Lord, let Him talk back to you. Don't assess yourself, let God assess you. Doing this will help you run better next year. 


Bare open your mind to the Lord. Discuss your fears, struggles and weaknesses with Him, the challenges you encountered in line of duty. 


If you are tired say it, if you are discouraged, weary and faint say it to Him, if you are happy and excited say it. If you feel like giving up  say it. 


If you have enjoyed your walk with Him this year, say it, if He has promoted you and done good things for you in the course of the year, say it too. 


If you are offended, wounded, hurt and bitter, say it, don't bottle it up. He is willing to help you. 


Be very open with Him, talk to Him like a child will talk to a caring Father. Don't hide anything, be expressive, talk to your Father. Come now and let us reason together says the LORD......Isaiah 1:18.


I will discuss the third point in my next post.


Salvation is found in none else, for there is no name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved, except the name of Jesus. 


You may be reading this post and you have not yet given your life to Jesus. This is another opportunity for you to make that decision for Jesus by saying this prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart: 


Lord Jesus, I love You with all my heart. I believe that You are the Son of God that died and she'd His blood for my sins. Today, I receive Your life and I declare that I am Yours. 


Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com



QUOTE OF THE WEEK:




DECEMBER PRAYER CHALLENGE:



FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH; READ ALSO:




VIDEO OF THE WEEK


AUDIO OF THE WEEK




WATCHWORD FOR THE MONTH


ARE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW










Comments

Popular posts from this blog