TWO IMPORTANT ROLES OF THE HOLY SPIRIT 

1JOHN 2:20&27



Today I will be sharing with us two important duties of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer: WITNESS AND CONFIRMER


Witness is an inward thing while confirmation is an outward thing. 


The witness of the Holy Spirit works on our inside but His confirmation works on the outside. 


The witness of the Holy Spirit works like a knowing, it is not something you can explain, you just know that this is true.


There are times that we hear a truth thought that we have never heard before and we know that we know that what we have heard is the truth. 


That is the witness of the Holy Spirit, He bears witness to what the person is saying as truth and we are able to see it and receive it as truth. 


It is by the witness of the Holy Spirit that we know that we are born again, Romans 8:16. It is also by the witness of  the Holy Spirit that souls are won into the kingdom of God, Acts 5:32. 


As important as it is that we witness, it is the witness of the Holy Spirit that gets people saved. 


Our witness will not be complete and it will lack the power of convinction without the witness of the Holy Spirit added to it, Acts 5:32.  


It is this inner witness that Apostle John was referring to when he said we have an unction inside us, the Holy Spirit and He teaches us all things, 1John 1:20&27. 


It is by the inner witness that you know whether something is from God or not, whether it is true or not, not by what you see on the outside. 


We must grow in our consciousness of the inner witness. Begin to listen to messages, read books and go to church with the consciousness of this inner witness. 


It is by it that we filter the things we hear and read and see. 


You can easily know when the Holy Spirit is joining you to listen to a message or read a book, He adds His witness to it and the words of that message and book comes alive, it becomes real to you. 


God does not expect us to take everything we read, hear or see Hook, line and sinker, He gave us the inner witness of the Holy Spirit to filter those things. 


But many of us ignore this divine filter, once we see miracles, signs and wonders and seemingly great anointing we ignore the divine filter and conclude this must be God. We look for and embrace outward witness at the expense of inner witness.


The anointing that teaches you all things is on your inside if you are born again. The more you grow spiritually, the more you will become conscious of it. 


That anointing on the inside should bear witness with the anointing on the outside not the other way round. 


Don't start looking for confirmation for what you don't already have inner witness about. 


There must be something that your inner witness has told you that you are looking for confirmation for on the outside. 


The Bible says the Lord confirmed His Words with signs and wonders following, Mark 16:20. That is , He first gave them His Word and then He confirmed it. 


The way God works make walking with Him interesting. He declares a thing and then brings it to pass,Isaiah 42:9. 


He tells you something in the secret place and then confirm it outside of the secret place. Isn't Jesus great? He is! 


I pray that the Lord will anoint this word to our understanding in Jesus name. May the ministry of the Holy Spirit as a witness and confirmer become real to you even as you read this message and onwards in Jesus name, Amen.


Salvation is found in none else, for there is no name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved, except the name of Jesus. 


You may be reading this post and you have not yet given your life to Jesus. This is another opportunity for you to make that decision for Jesus by saying this prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart: 


Lord Jesus, I love You with all my heart. I believe that You are the Son of God that died and she'd His blood for my sins. Today, I receive Your life and I declare that I am Yours. 


Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com



QUOTE OF THE WEEK:






JANUARY PRAYER AND FASTING





FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH; READ ALSO:





VIDEO OF THE WEEK


AUDIO OF THE WEEK




WATCHWORD FOR THE YEAR

AE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW





Comments

Popular posts from this blog