PAY ATTENTION!

PROVERBS 4:20



The proof of knowledge is remembrance. The proof that you read something is that you can remember what you read. 


Without remembrance no knowledge is impacted. Practice this excercise whenever you read. 


After reading, close the book and try to remember what you read. Do it immediately after reading and do it hours after you have quit reading. 


Do this especially for the Word of God because if there is something the devil is ardent on stealing it is the Word of God from your heart, Matthew 13:19, John 10:10


There are two ways by which we listen , you listen with your ears and you listen with your heart. 


Here is how you will know whether you have been listening with your ears or heart. 


When you listen with your ears, it enters one ear and goes out through another but when you listen with your heart, it remains with you.


The next question you will want to ask me is how do I listen with my heart? BY PAYING ATTENTION. 


Attention is undivided concentration that comes from your mind. You are actually where your mind is. 


You can be reading the Bible in your room but your mind is in the kitchen preparing breakfast. Even though you are in the room where you really are is in the kitchen. 


You can be sitting in church and blasting in tongues but your mind is in the market. Where you are truly is the market. 


The real battle is the battle of attention not the battle of activity. Whoever or whatever gets your attention have you. 


What usually happens is that what you pay  attention to are the  wrong things but the real things that you really need you don't  pay attention to them. 


You let it  enter one ear and go out through the other ear, so they don't remain with you.


Where is your mind? You go for quiet time everyday but you seem not to receive much. The reason is, you have not been paying attention, your mind wanders often and your thoughts are scattered in so many places. 


Your thought is a transport system that takes you wherever you want to be. If I want to be with God I start thinking about Him. 


I focus all my attention on Him. I engage in activities that help me focus my thoughts on Him.


You are where your thought is not where your body is. Hard to believe? But it is the truth! 


Mary Magdalene was so consumed with finding Jesus's body that she literarilly drew the presence of Jesus to herself.


Jesus had to first appear to her before He appeared before the Father, that is how powerful your thoughts can be, John 20:10-18, Ephesians 3:20.


It is a spiritual force that draws into your life what you think about strongly. 


There are different listening attitudes that people have when they come around the Word of God either by reading it themselves or hearing others preach it.


We can also call this listening attitude, postures. As important as listening is, it matters greatly how you listen. 


In my next post I will be sharing with us the different postures you can assume around the Word of God and how these postures determine what you get out of the Word of God. 


In summary, today we have been able to learn that:


1) The proof of knowledge is remembrance

2) There are two ways by which we listen

3) You listen with your heart by paying attention

4) You are actually where your mind is

5) Thoughts are poweful, they attract into your life what you think about strongly.

6) After the question of attention is settled, it matters what you are paying attention to see or get.


PRAYER: Meditate on these scriptures and pray the prayers below, Phillipians 2:13, Psalm 37:4. 


Ask the Lord to show you the things that constitute  distractions in  your  life and show you how to get rid of them. Ask the Lord to plant His desires in you and to help you to do of His good pleasure.


ACTIVITY: Pray in tongues for 1hr to bring your mind into a place of quietness and stillness, Psalm 46:10.


Salvation is found in none else, for there is no name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved, except the name of Jesus. 


You may be reading this post and you have not yet given your life to Jesus. This is another opportunity for you to make that decision for Jesus by saying this prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart: 


Lord Jesus, I love You with all my heart. I believe that You are the Son of God that died and she'd His blood for my sins. Today, I receive Your life and I declare that I am Yours. 


Congratulations you are now born again!


SHALOM


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com



QUOTE OF THE WEEK:






JANUARY PRAYER AND FASTING





FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH; READ ALSO:





VIDEO OF THE WEEK


AUDIO OF THE WEEK




WATCHWORD FOR THE YEAR

AE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW









Comments

Popular posts from this blog