FAITH OR PRESUMPTION

Isaiah 1:18&19



The Lord told me many times when we come to Him and say Lord use me, we already have a presumed model or pattern in our heart. 


We already presume in our heart how He will use us or answer us.


Even though our lip is saying Lord use me but our heart is saying either like Joshua Selman or Arome Osayi. 


The Lord says when we come to Him we must come and present ourselves to him to use us anyway or anyhow he likes, attractive or not we must align. 


You come to God that you want to serve you don't chose the kind of service He must put you to. 


When you say Lord deliver me or heal me or save me you don't tell Him how He should heal or save or deliver you. 


Ours is to find how He wants to do it and align ourselves with it. He may do it right there and then and He may ask us to go through some process.


I remember Aimee Semple McPherson said when her son had accident and injured his foot badly, God told her to take the son to the healing meeting of a particular man of God and He would heal Him there and she did. 


Now, she could have said but I am also a minister of God, why can't you heal him in my church or through me? That will be presumption. 


What many of us are living in is presumption but we call it faith. When we come to God for solution or directiin or what to do, we already have in mind how we want it to be. 


If it is healing, we are already thinking, it must be through laying on of hands, only for us to find out what God will say is very different and sometimes. 


If it is direction we are looking for we already have our own idea what it should  look like or be like. So much so that when we see that it is totally different we sometimes become reluctant to obey like Namaan.


If it is life partner we already have an idol in our heart. He must be tall dark handsome, must not be a pastor or lawyer, must have a good job. 


Some of us even go as far as saying he must be either a doctor or in the academics but definitely not a teacher.


We go and pray with all these things in our heart and if God says yes and give us someone like that we are happy but if he says no that is where the trouble begins.

We are willing for Him to help us but we are not ready to obey if it doesn't look like what we already presume He will say. 


The other side is when we obey but reluctantly not willingly because what we presumed is not what He says. I will discuss that shortly.


If we choose not to align our will with His will and we keep on pushing and pressing our desires then He answers us according to the idol in our hearts, Ezekiel.14:14.


The children of Israel pressed God so much for meat that He was forced to give them what they wanted but not what he wanted for them. 


The result was that there was leaness in their soul, despite that they had their desires,  Psalm.106:15.


It is important that our soul be made fat and that only comes when we delight ourselves in the Lord by aligning our will.with His will, Psalm 37:4.


Believing that whatever He choses for us is the best and whatever we chose for ourselves is not because we are limited in our understanding and knowledge.


So we really don't know what is best for us. We chose based on what we can see here and now and many times based on comfort and immediate gratification, Hebrews 12:16-17, Matthew 4:4.


Many of us don't think preservation first we think comfort first but God thinks preservation first and comfort second, Matthew 16:26.


Balaam looked at the profit he was going to make from Balaak and he kept on going back to God again and again for what He already has the answer from God until God told him to go with Balaak, Numbers 22:10-20.


You know some of us are like that, we are overly ambitious with God. We force our way with God until He gives us what is not His best for our lives and He allows us to learn from consequences, then we come runing back to Him.


The Spirit of God will strife with us but will not always strife with us. A time comes when he gives us over to the desires of our hearts either as bdlievers or unbelievers, Genesis 6:3, Romans 1:24, 2Thessalonians 2:10-12.


So that you are no longer having any restraint or constraint from the Lord over that matter again does not mean God has changed his mind it could just be that you have simply won against Him, 1Timothy 4:2


May that never happen to us in Jesus name. May God and His Word always prevail mightily against our carnal desires in Jesus name, Acts 19:20.


One sure way by which to have our desires is to surrender those desires to the Lord even when we don't like what God is saying, Psalm 37:4. We must learn to say nevertheless if it be thy will, Luke 22:42.


Now to the second part. 


That is, when we obey him against our will, we must look for ways to bring our will to align with our obedience so that we can enjoy the reward of our obedience, Isaiah 1:18&19 


When our will is not brought into alignment even though we have obeyed it is as good as we have not obeyed. We must both be willing and obedient not only obedient.


There have been times in my walk with God when I was willing before obeying and while as yet have not obeyed I began to see the Lord responding to my obedience because my heart was already willing, God knew I was going to obey.  


At other times when I have obeyed but was not willing there was no reward for that obedience until I added willingness to my obedience


It is one of the reasons why people serve, give, pay tithe and give offering and sow seeds and not receive any result because they obeyed out of share obligation but not willingly. 


It is first if there be a willing heart, 2Corinthians 8:12, Exodus 35:21, 1Chronicles 29:9.


I will continue from here in my next post to show us how we must have a revelation of Jesus not only as the Truth, the Life but also the Way.


PRAYER : FATHER SHOW ME AREAS OF MY LIFE WHERE I HAVE BEEN LIVING PRESUMPTIOUSLY THINKING OR CALLING IT FAITH.


PEACE


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com



QUOTE OF THE WEEK:






JANUARY PRAYER AND FASTING





FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH; READ ALSO:





VIDEO OF THE WEEK


AUDIO OF THE WEEK




WATCHWORD FOR THE YEAR

AE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW



Comments

Popular posts from this blog