MASTER AND OVERCOME MOCKERY

PART 1

LUKE 23:35-39



Over time one of the devices of the devil against the saints is mockery and God does not want us to be ignorant of the enemy's devices, 2Corinthians 2:11. 


He uses mockery to weaken the strength and faith of saints in God. Mockery has three major objectives:


1). To provoke us to anger, Proverbs 29:8 says, " Scorners set a city aflame, but wise men turn away anger. That is the intention of the devil to provoke you and get you angry. Read also Nehemiah 4:5.


2) To cause us to slack our hands in the assignment that we are doing by weakening our strength, Nehemiah 2:19.


3) To make us look foolish to ourselves, Nehemiah 4:1-4


Walking through scriptures we see it scattered all over both in the new and old testament. Ishmael mocked Isaac, Genesis 21:9. 


That is the son born by the flesh mocking the son born by promise, flesh mocking the spirit, Galatians 4:29. 


When the exile returned to build the wall of Jerusalem, the devil through people mocked the Jews and called what they were building stupid, Nehemiah 4:3.


Again in the new testament we see the soldiers mocking Jesus when he was on the Cross, Luke 23:35-39.


Apostle Paul talked of believers being made a gazing stock by reproaches, Hebrews 10:33


What we don't master will master us. To master something starts with recognizing it for what it is, then understanding it as a strategy  that undermines your strength. And lastly, putting structures in place to safe guard yourself from its evil effect. 


If we don't know mockery is a strategy of the devil we will give in to it and allow it fulfil it's purpose in our life. 


Mockery targets our human ego and reputation and when it finds it, that is when we begin to feel bad and despised in our own eyes. A believer that is dead to the flesh will not be affected by mockery, Galatians 5:24.


Jesus said the prince of this world cometh but he has nothing in me, John 14:30. We can't stop the devil from coming to tempt us but we can be so dead to the flesh that when he comes, he finds nothing within us to provoke.


It takes something within us  providing the platform for something without us to get us provoked. 


I have this friend at work that likes to taunt me a lot. If I ask him to do something for me that I don't know how to do, he would say I am a bush woman or say I am an amateur or that I am not current. 


Whenever he says such things he expects me to get on the defensive and start to disagree and argue but everytime I always agree with him. 


If he calls me a bush woman, I say yes I am a bush woman that God has glorified and I would start singing and dancing. 


When he calls me an amateur I say I am an amateur that God is training and using men to train. 


I wasn't really paying attention to his taunts because I knew he was only playing with me but recently the Holy Spirit began to open my eyes to see it that that is exactly the same way the devil uses mockery to work on our emotion to weaken our hands at what he has called us to do.


The Bible says we should agree quickly with our adversary while we are still with him in the way..... Matthew 5:25a. 


Agreeing with the adversary in this context is not a sign of weakness but a sign of great strength on our part. It is an attitude and posture that attracts the strength of God to our lives, 2Corinthians 12:9-10.


It takes someone that acknowledge he doesn't know something to want to learn. If you think you know, you won't have any reason to want to learn. 


Jesus said blessed are we when men shall revile us....we should rejoice and be glad, for great is our reward in heaven, Matthew 5:11&12.


It is consistent with God's nature to use the foolish things and the despised things of this world to confound the wise, 1 Corinthians 2:21,26-29.


What I mean by this is that some of the ways of God will look very foolish to us and even to those looking at us and it may attract mockery from them and even from us, Genesis 18:12. 


Instead of taking mockery as a negative compliment and allow it upset us why don't we start using it as a sign that God is in what we are doing. 


That way, rather than it being a mockery as the enemy intended, it will become a compliment that ends up strengthening our hand for the work. That is using the enemy's device against him. 


I will continue from here in my next post by God's grace. 


I pray for us that the spirit and the life of this message will enter us and bring a radical transformation in our mindset in Jesus name.


Salvation is found in none else, for there is no name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved, except the name of Jesus. 


You may be reading this post and you have not yet given your life to Jesus. This is another opportunity for you to make that decision for Jesus by saying this prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart: 


Lord Jesus, I love You with all my heart. I believe that You are the Son of God that died and she'd His blood for my sins. Today, I receive Your life and I declare that I am Yours. 


Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com


QUOTE OF THE WEEK:






JANUARY PRAYER AND FASTING





FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH; READ ALSO:




VIDEO OF THE WEEK


AUDIO OF THE WEEK






Comments

Popular posts from this blog