MASTER AND OVERCOME MOCKERY

PART TWO

ISAIAH 51:7-8



I remember when the Lord instructed me to start a WhatsApp group and be sharing messages on it, many people started commenting and leaving the group, infact they left in droves. 


When I got to the office the following day, some of my colleagues who were also part of the group their first reaction was to laugh me to scorn. 


Even one of those very close to me couldn't just stop laughing at me. They laughed so much at me and I looked so foolish to myself that I decided to cancel the group. 


But the Lord said I should go and re-create the group again which I did. Today, through that platform many people have been blessed and many lives transformed. 


I had to go past my fear of being mocked and the fact that I was being mocked to be able to do what God asked me to do.  


God used just two people to strengthen and encourage me to continue in the assignment. 


You know many believers have not done what God asked them to do just because of fear of being mocked if it failed. 


Some of us suppose to be walking in great healing anointing now but because we are always thinking what if I pray or lay hands on him and nothing happened, people will mock me. 


Some of us carry great revelatory anointing but we are always afraid that nobody will listen to what we have to write or say. What if there are no comments or likes or shares. 


What that just reveals is that you fear man more than you fear God.


 One thing about the assignment God gives us is that it is not first about fruitfulness but faithfullness. 


Your desire to obey and please God must exceed your desire to produce results in the beginning. 


Contained in that assignment is the fellowship of His sufferings, contained in that assignment is your being made comformable unto His death. 


Contained in that assignment is being with Him and understanding His ways. Contained in that assignment is the power of His resurrection, Phillipians 3:10. You can't have one without the other. 


The Bible says we have been made like unto him in his death so also have we been  made like unto Him in His resurrection and glory, Romans 6:5. If we suffer with Him we will also reign with Him, 2Timothy 2:11-12. 


Jesus said unto His disciples you are they that have been with me in my trials and I appoint unto you kingdoms, Luke 22:28&29. The trials preceded the appointment of kingdoms.


Mockery is part of the sufferings of Christ that we go through, master and overcome. A servant is not greater than his master, John 13:16. Jesus said if they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my sayings they will keep yours also, John 15:20.


When next you face mockery because of the Lord's assignment, just know that you are being made like unto Him in His death so that you can be made like unto Him in His resurrection and glory.


If they mocked Jesus we should not count it a strange thing if we are mocked in the course of obeying His call upon our lives. 


In the book of Revelations, it was the overcomers that received what Jesus has to give. 


Part of what they overcame was mockery, before they were made to eat of the fruit of life, given the crown of life and made pillars in His house e.t.c.


Let me show you a scripture that instructs us on how to handle mockery as believers. 


Isaiah 51:7&8 says, “Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, You people in whose heart is My law: Do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of their insults. For the moth will eat them up like a garment, and the worm will eat them like wool; but My righteousness will be forever, and My salvation from generation to generation.” 


By the time what God has placed upon your life break out and begin to manifest in it's fullness, nobody will remember the days you pray for the sick and they didn't get healed. 


No one will remember the days you made a decree and nothing happened. The salvation of the Lord would have swallowed them up. 


The truth is that our greatest victories in God are usually built on the rubble of our greatest failures and disappointments. 


How disappointed Moses must have felt when the Egyptian magicians reproduced three of the miracles he did in quick successions just like that. 


But a time came when he went past his disappointment to just obeying the Lord whether something happens or not, then something really began to happen that the Egyptian magicians could not reproduce, Exodus 8:18.


Then, they acknowledged that it was the finger of God, Exodus 8:19. We have a lot to learn from this great father of faith. 


Even though the enemy uses mockery to weaken us and undermine our strength, God uses it to mature us and make us strong, Romans 8:28. 


However, if you are in a position where you can avoid mockery of men please do. We see Jesus sending the mocking mourners away at the house of Jairus (Mark 5:39-40) and again Abraham got rid of the bond woman and her son after mocking Isaac, Genesis 21:9&10. 


This is wisdom for us to handle mockers and protect our strength as much as it lies within our power but where there is nothing we can do to avoid mockers or we find ourselves right in the middle of mockery, this message has come to teach us the right perspective and response to have towards it. 


There is a way that a renewed mind thinks, arm yourself with this mind, 1Peter4:1. We should perceive situation and circumstances by allowing this mind be in us which is also in Christ Jesus, Phillipians 2:5. 


I pray for you that the spirit and the life of this message will enter you and bring a radical transformation in your mindset in Jesus name.


Salvation is found in none else, for there is no name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved, except the name of Jesus. 


You may be reading this post and you have not yet given your life to Jesus. This is another opportunity for you to make that decision for Jesus by saying this prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart: 


Lord Jesus, I love You with all my heart. I believe that You are the Son of God that died and she'd His blood for my sins. Today, I receive Your life and I declare that I am Yours. 


Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com


QUOTE OF THE WEEK:






JANUARY PRAYER AND FASTING





FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH; READ ALSO:




VIDEO OF THE WEEK


AUDIO OF THE WEEK






Comments

Popular posts from this blog