THE MYSTERY OF THANKSGIVING

PART 4

1 THESSALONIANS 5:18

Thanksgiving has a three-fold application. It ministers to us and it blesses God. The third is that it stills the enemy and the avenger. 


2Chronicles 20:22 says when they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab and mount Seir, which were come against Judah and they were smitten. 


And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps; and in battle of shaking will he fight with it, Isaiah 30:32. Read also Psalm 149. 


Many times in spiritual warfare our attention is more on the devil and what he is doing than on God, His word and His working all things for our good. 


Infact, in spiritual warfare, many people pray in fear than in faith, trying to work out victory for themselves through their prayer rather than enforcing the victory that Jesus has won for us. 


Attitude and right positioning is important in spiritual warfare. It is what determines whether we lose or win. 


What do you see in a Spiritual warfare? What the devil is doing or what God has done for you through Jesus. 


This is what determines whether you will praise your way to victory or try to attain unto victory through prayer. Prayer should be to enforce victory not attain unto it. 


Praise is strength. Matthew 21:16 says, "out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou has PERFECTED PRAISE". Perfected praise in Psalm 8:2 is ordained strength. 


Praise is strength and not just strength but strength because of the enemies of God to the end that God can still the enemy and the avenger! 


God perfected praise or ordain strength out of the mouth of babes and sucklings. 


You know why? It looks very foolish to be singing and dancing when the entire army of a whole nation is encamped against you. 


It takes being really childlike to accept praise and thanksgiving as a perfect warfare strategy. 


Binding and casting and taking authority looks more effective than praising God in a spiritual warfare. 


But 1 Corinthians 1:27 says God uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. 


The strength that will still the enemy and the avenger is in praise that is where God ordained strength. 


One of the most difficult thing to do is to praise God in a spiritual warfare, prayer looks more like the more matured thing to do. It makes us feel we are really combatting the enemy.


There is a place for fighting and resisting the devil, but focusing too much on the devil is not good. Praise is a powerful weapon against the devil that has no negative fallout. 


Why does praise defeat Satan? Satan's sin was jealousy of God, Isaiah 14:13-14. He is still as jealous today as he was then. 


Satan's goal is to keep people from worshiping God, even if he can't get people to worship him, he seeks to draw attention away from God. 


When we worship God inspite of whatever challenges the devil is throwing at us, we thwart Satan's plan. 


I pray the Lord will anoint this word to our understanding and that there will be signs and wonders following in Jesus name. 


The grace to praise our way to victory in whatever circumstance we are in now or may be in later, let it rest upon every reader of this post right now in Jesus name. You are blessed in Jesus name.


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com


QUOTE OF THE WEEK:




FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH, 

READ ALSO:



VIDEO OF THE WEEK






AUDIO OF THE WEEK






ARE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW






Comments

Popular posts from this blog