THE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

PART 3

(UNDERSTANDING THE SIN NATURE)

Romans 7:14


The law in itself is good and Holy but because man has sin in its nature the law when it came only revived that sin nature and gave it power, Romans 7:8-10.


What does this mean? It means if you have not told me don't take meat inside the pot or else I will beat you I might not even have the desire to go near the pot at all not to talk of taking any meat but immediatley you gave that law, the sin nature in me was awaken and it began to push me to want to steal the meat. 


All along the sin nature was in me  but it was not revived because there was nothing to revive it, but immediately the law came, that sin nature came alive and decived me and slew me. 


In order to deal with this problem there is another righteousness that bypasses that sin nature, it does nothing to awake it like the law does, Hebrews 10:1-4


It doesn't revive my sin consciousness, only my God consciousness is awakened. 


When I accepted Jesus even though that sin nature is still in me  and it is called my flesh, righteousness that is by faith by passes it and does nothing to awaken it, Romans 10:5-9.


This is what Apoatle Paul meant when he said we are ministers of the new covenant and that their sufficiency is not of themselves (keeping the law) but of the spirit(righteousness by faith), who has made us able ministers of the new convenant. 


What he is saying is that he is not qualified by fulfilling the works of the law but by simple faith in Jesus Christ and this is made possible by the Holy Spirit.  


Aside God living in man, man will always not be qualified to be righteous by keeping the law so when you gave your life to Jesus, God confers the righteousness that is of Jesus on you and make you look like Jesus.


Then the Holy Spirit who is representing Jeaus on earth now lives in you to fulfil all the law through you. This is why the bible says Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness to all that believe, Romans 10:4.


What does this mean? 


While the Holy Spirit is working in and through me to be like Jesus, it doesn't stop me from excercising my God given authority over the powers of darkness. It has nothing to do with my being perfect.


How do I do that? 


By standing on the rightousness that Jesus gave to me as a gift even though I am still full of imperfections. 


So, I am not stopped by the law any longer because of the righteousness of Jesus which had taken care of the sin consciousness in me, Hebrews 9:14, 10:22.


So when I stand to cast out demons or take authority over sickness I don't check whether I qualify by how many times I read my bible in a day or fasted in a week or how many hours I prayed in a day to make those declarations. 


My authourity for making those declarations is solely because of the righteousness of Jesus that He gave me as gift when I gave my life to Jesus. 


It is as good as God making those declarations Himself because I am the righteousness of God through Jesus.


So what place does these spiritual excercises occupy if I don't need them to earn righteousness?


We do them not to earn a right standing with God, we do them to know more about who we are in Christ, to discover what has been given to us and how to walk in our inheritance. 


They are not what confers righteousness on us, we engage them to know more about God, and who we are in Christ and what has been done for us.


Does this mean I should continue in my sin? No! I must coperate with the Holy Spirit so that He can brings me into conformity to the image of Christ such that not only am I righteous but I am also Holy. 


But while I am growing into the image of Christ trusting the Holy Spirit to bring me into conformity with Christ, I am covered by the rightousness of Jesus to be protected from sins and its consequences that is still in my nature. 


I will explain further on this statement in my next post, showing us by what law we are excluded from the consequences of sin while we are growing into conformity with the image of Christ.


Meanwhile, you will want to say but the bible says the sin nature in me has been destroyed, Romans 6:6.


Yes it has, but we will only walk in the newness of life to the degree that we are alive unto God, Romans 6:10-13. We must consciously yield our members unto Christ, Romans 6:13&14.  


What does this mean? It means that the sin nature can be revived again if we chose not to deliberately put off the old man and put on the new man which is renewed after Christ in knowledge  by willingly yielding our members unto Christ, Ephesians 4:22-24, Colossians 3:10.


Now you understand Apostle Paul's statement that we should mortify our members which is upon the earth, Colossians 3:5.  It is our responsibility.


I will continue from here in my next post by God's grace.


PRAYER : FATHER , BRING ME INTO PERFECT UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT IS BY FAITH MEANS


PEACE


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com



QUOTE OF THE WEEK:






JANUARY PRAYER AND FASTING





FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH; READ ALSO:





VIDEO OF THE WEEK


AUDIO OF THE WEEK




WATCHWORD FOR THE YEAR

AE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW




Comments

Popular posts from this blog