LISTENING ATTITUDE

LUKE 8:18




This morning I will be sharing with us on listening attitude. It is a continuation of my last post, "PAY ATTENTION!". 


Listening attitude refers to the way we listen, either to a person, a message, a book. You read a book but the truth is you are listening to what the author is saying in the book. 


Your listening attitude refers also to the posture you assume to listen to something and it goes a long  way to determine what we get from whatever we listen to.


Two people may listen to the same thing but what each will hear will be different. Here are some of the listening attitude we can have.


1) Listening to learn

2) Listen to argue or disagree

3) listen to criticize or find fault

4) Listen to find point of agreement or support for what you already believe

5) Listening to contribute, help, correct and adjust

6) Listen to commend or praise a work


Some of this listening attitude are wrong while some are right. However what each person listen to is different depending on their position to the speaker. 


What a supervisor or mentor will listen to is different from what a neutral person will listen to because of the position each occupies to the presenter. 


One thing I can assure us is that whatever we seek we shall find because we are seeking to find it and the Bible says whoever seeks finds, Matthew 77. 


When you listen to something what do you really listen to hear? What we hear from a thing determine the effect it will have on us. 


If you are listening to find a point of argument that is what you will find. If you seek to learn, you will find wisdom. If you seek to just support a belief you hold you will also find that one too. 


In the time of Martin Luther, the communists in his day used his speech to uphold their course whereas he had nothing to do with Communism, he was not even preaching to support the course of Communism. 


This is why a message that changed somebody's life can make another very bitter because of the difference in their listening attitude. 


One is listening to learn the other is listening to criticize. Before you listen to anything always check your listening attitude if it is right. 


Apostle Paul said something very profound in 2 Corinthians 2:15-16, "For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ in them that are saved and in them that perish....


.....To the one we are the savour of death unto death and to the other the savour of life until life. And who is sufficient for these things. 


The same words that some heard and were pricked in their heart and asked what shall we do(Acts 2:37), others heard it too, were cut to their heart but this time they took counsel to slay them, Acts 5:33.


 How do you listen? What is your listening attitude? Are you listening to learn or listening to argue and criticize? 


Whatever you seek you will find, but remember the gospel was preached to those that were saved and those that were perishing but the attitude of each to the message was what determined the result it produced in each of their lives. 


What was the symbol of salvation to one was the evident token of perdition to another Phillipians 1:28. 


What is causing the spirit of glory to rest on some is being evil spoken of by another, 1Peter 4:14. Same message but different results, all because of their listening attitude. 


This message is a call for you to take heed how you hear (listen), for whosoever hath, to him shall be given and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken, even that which he seemed to have, Luke 8:18.


ACTIVITY: CHECK HOW YOU HAVE BEEN LISTENING AND ADJUST. WHAT IS YOUR LISTENING ATTITUDE TO THE WORD OF GOD, A LEARNER OR A CRITIC?


Salvation is found in none else, for there is no name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved, except the name of Jesus. 


You may be reading this post and you have not yet given your life to Jesus. This is another opportunity for you to make that decision for Jesus by saying this prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart: 


Lord Jesus, I love You with all my heart. I believe that You are the Son of God that died and she'd His blood for my sins. Today, I receive Your life and I declare that I am Yours. 


Congratulations you are now born again!


SHALOM


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com



QUOTE OF THE WEEK:






JANUARY PRAYER AND FASTING





FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH; READ ALSO:





VIDEO OF THE WEEK


AUDIO OF THE WEEK




WATCHWORD FOR THE YEAR

AE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW









Comments

Popular posts from this blog