WORSHIPPING FROM AFAR?



The promise to draw near abide still. Revelations 22:17b says, "And whosoever will,  let him take the water of life freely"


The way to the Holy of Holies is opened, the curtain separating the inner court from the Holy of Holies has been rend from top to bottom, Matthew 27:51. 


But drawing near to enter is the responsibility of each one of us, 2Timothy 2:21. 


How much do you love the Lord? How much price are you willing to pay to draw near and stay near the one you love? 


Many waters (Persecution,challenges and troubles) cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it.... SOS 8:7a


Jesus said if any man loves me He will keep my commandments and I will manifest myself unto Him. He said my father and I will come and make our abode with him(Paraphrasing), John 14:21-23.


The message to us this morning is a charge to draw near to God. 


But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver but also of  wood and of earth and some to honour and some to dishonour. If a man therefore will purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour,sanctified and meet for the Master's use and prepared unto every good work, 2Timothy 2:20-21. 


How much are you willing to purge yourself to be a vessel meet for the masters use? 


The Bible says now are we the sons of God and it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when he shall appear we shall be like him. AND EVERY MAN THAT HAS THIS HOPE IN HIM PURIFIES HIMSELF EVEN AS HE IS PURE, 1John 3:2&3. 


You may not yet look like Jesus now but you should want to look like Him enough to want to purge yourself of anything that will not make you look like Him. 


Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that has clean hands and a pure heart who hath not lifted his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully, Psalm 24:3&4. 


Are our hands clean and our heart pure? Even though we may all be born again, the Bible says all of them were under the cloud and all passed through the sea, 1Corinthians 10:1......BUT WITH MANY OF THEM GOD WAS NOT WELL PLEASED....1Corinthians 10:5.


There is a price to pay to draw near but the reward is well worth it, Isaiah 32:17-18, Hebrews 12:11. 


Drawing near is the responsibility of each individual. As for me I don't want to worship from afar, I want to draw near to worship. 


In the household of God in the wilderness, there were different level of closeness demonstrated by the people of God.


God wanted to speak to all of them directly but they said it was okay to hear Him through Moses, Exodus 19:10-11, 20:18-19.


First we saw Moses drawing close enough to climb to the top of the mountain and stand by the side of God, Exodus 24:18


Then Joshua, then Aaron and the 70 elders of Israel and those that stood at the foot of the mountain and those that stayed at the door of their tent to worship, Exodus 24:13-15.


Even among the levites, there were different levels of closeness  to God , each determined by the price they paid, Ezekiel 44:10.


 There were ministers that only minister at the outer court to take care of the need of the multitude there, Ezekiel 44:10-14.


But then there were the sons of Zadok that come near to the table of the Lord to keep His charge and minister unto Him, Ezekiel 44:15-16.


Moses, Joshua, Aaron, the seventy elders and the rest of the Israelites were all at different level of closeness to God. The more they drew near, the more they saw of His glory. 


So they all have different perspective in describing what the glory of God looks like by what they saw which was determined by the distance they stood to worship. 


By the grace of God I will continue from here in my next post. 


Meanwhile, cry to the Lord and ask Him to show you the areas you need to work on yourself. Ask Him to purge you of everything that is not making you a vessel unto honour.


SALVATION PRAYER


Anything short of you being born again and living a life of holiness and purity hurt Jesus so much. But you can make things right here and now by saying this simple prayer and mean it genuinely from your heart:


 Lord Jesus I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot help myself. I repent of all my sins and I forsake them. Jesus, I invite you into my life, be my Lord, be my Saviour. 


Wash me by your precious blood, forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life. From this day, I promise to follow you all the rest of my life. Help me Lord, in Jesus name, Amen. Congratulations you are now born again!


PEACE


CONTACT US:

folwams@gmail.com 

+2347033299066


OUR SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES

Twitter account: @OTEGBADE OLAYIN8

Facebook: Otegbade Olayinka

Whatsapp: +2347033299066

Instagram: Otegbade Olayinka 

Telegram: FOLWAMS 

Call: +2348052105284

Blog site: folwams.blogspot.com



QUOTE OF THE WEEK:






JANUARY PRAYER AND FASTING





FOR FURTHER SPIRITUAL GROWTH; READ ALSO:





VIDEO OF THE WEEK


AUDIO OF THE WEEK




WATCHWORD FOR THE YEAR

AE YOU NEW ON THIS SITE? THANKS FOR COMING , WE HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU! 

CLICK THE LINK  BELOW













Comments

Popular posts from this blog